Dr. med. P. Kalafatis is specialized in Urology – Andrology. He graduated from the Medical School at the National University of Athens and has completed his studies in Germany where he specialized in adult urologic surgery as well as on pediatric and gynecological urology.
Was awarded the title of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) at the University of Hannover, West Germany (Medizinishe Hohschule Hannover). Is a Fellow of the European Board of Urology (FEBU) and an active member of several professional and scientific organizations including: the European Association of Urology (EAU), the Hellenic Urological Association (HUA), the German Urological Association (DGU) and the Greek-German link of Urologists (GDGU).
Languages Spoken: Greek, German, English and Italian.
- Diagnostic and interventional urology
- Diagnostic and interventional use of ultrasound in urology
- Neurourology and urodynamics
- Minimally invasive urology
- Laser applications in urology
- Oncology of the genito-urinary track
- Traumatology and reconstructive urology
- Urinary incontinence in females and males
- Andrology, infertility and erections disorders
Substantial work with respected scientific publications and oral presentations of his works in Greek and international scientific journals and medical conferences ie.:
- Published over 130 scientific articles and abstracts works
- Delivered over 150 lectures and presentations at various national and international scientific meetings.
- Actively participated in organizing a number of Greek and international symposia and conferences.
- Attended over 180 Congresses, Conferences, Symposia and other scientific activities.
- Became a certified trainer for doctors training in the use of ultrasound
Dr Kalafatis has many years of experience in the research field, conducting clinical trials for urologic diseases and disorders; was named key opinion leader and is a dedicated reviewer for Urological journals. His current research interests focus among others on the prevention of prostate and bladder cancer.
- Three years in the position of Attending Physician (curator) in the department of urology, St Elisabeth Hospital Beckum – Deutschland as well as
- the Akademische Krankenhaus Siloah-Hannover in W. Germany.
- Founded and directed the department of urology for 21 years at the General Hospital of Rhodes – GR.
- Served for 10 years in the position of director of the department of Urology, at the Euromedica General Clinic of Dodecanese / Rhodes – GR. Currently he works as an external partner
- Since 2008, private urological practice in Rhodes town.